This year Preston’s egg rolling event was impacted by very bad weather. Notwithstanding this, the turnout was great and Mela stalls were busy. It was difficult to capture very much material as the weather wasn’t conducive to use of the equipment and there was a reduced programme. But we hope below will give you a flavour
Preston City Mela activities at Easter Egg Rolling event in Avenham and Miller Parks took place alongside other Preston City Council and Harris activities.
“People of all ages and cultures coming together, experiencing new things, mindfulness, and wellbeing, stimulation”.
Preston City Mela provided both performing artists and workshop craft artists for the public. These included:
- Abhinandana Dance Academy – Contemporary & Indian Fusion Dances
- Young Preston Bollywood Dancer
- Gujarat Hindu Society -Folk Dances
- The Twin Violinists
- ArteeCraft – Shreya Ghodke – Warli Parinting
- ArteeCraft – Rakesh Ghodke – Traditional Kite Making
- ArteeCraft – Sonal Diwan – Fabric Bird Décor
- Arts 2 Heal – Banu Adam – Ebru Marbling:
- Brain Whitmore – Calligraphy
- Jane Blackburn and Ken Blackburn – Silk Painting
- 4 Henna artists: Bhagya Reddy, Nirali Parekh Yogini Patel and Viraj Gandhi
All the workshops were busy right from the start of the event and queues built up all day for the activities.
“My little girl was excited to come and have Henna – she remembered the stall from last year”