Preston’s egg rolling event was in its 150th year, after a absence of 2 years due to covid restriction, thousands of people attended this wonderful event.
Preston City Mela provided both performing artists and workshop craft artists for the public. These included:
- Abhinandana Dance Academy – Contemporary & Indian Fusion Dances
- Friends of Preston – Kerala Drummers & Dancers
- ArteeCraft – Shreya Ghodke – Rag Mats (Fabric Recycling project)
- ArteeCraft – Rakesh Ghodke – Traditional Kite Making
- Arts 2 Heal – Banu Adam – Ebru Marbling:
- Chatting Chimers – Farhana Patel – Chain Stitch Embroidery
- Jane Blackburn and Ken Blackburn – Silk Painting
- 3 Henna: artists: Bhagya Reddy, Farzana Patel and Manisha Chauhan
The perfoamnces made a great impact with its audeience particpation, children and adults taking part in the Bollywood dancing.
All the workshops were busy right from the start of the event and queues build up all day for the activities.
Below is a short film of our work at the event.
Below are photographs by Michael Porter.